DIRECTIONS: WRITE 5 STAGES OF THROWING below in SKETCHBOOK and take notes next to each based on the following two videos. Watch 2-3 times each to catch all info. Then, scroll to bottom of post to view instructions for class through the next week.
TODAY- Complete Wheelthrowing Worksheet linked here and provided in class.
1+ WEEK WHEELTHROWING STUDIO-
- Work with assigned STUDIO PARTNER next to you, following their verbal steps and guidance from worksheet.
- Try to throw 2 CYLINDERS on the wheel working for 3 studio days [10 project pts/day]. You will switch next week.
- Cut cylinder in half at end of session to look for even ¼ inch wall thickness, vertical walls, right angle corner, level lip, and flat ½ inch bottom.
- Work with soft clay only
- Prepare all materials listed on workshee
- Follow steps from worksheet visual
- Recycle all clay, disassemble basin and wash down in sink, wash off wheel head with large sponge while spinning, wash off bucket, wash down white table top, and get approval from teacher.