concept Create a BLUE or WHITE SCULPTURE sending a positive message about the CHARACTER COUNTS pillars: Trustworthiness Respect Responsibility Fairness Caring Citizenship
materials mixed media, found objects, wire, wood, cardboard, & paint
1) Research sculptors & artists that send a positive message through visual art.
a. View MAKING POSITIVE ART presentation
b. View sculptural techniques & designs by Alberto Giacometti, Joseph Cornell, & Louise Nevelson
c. Browse art & social issues website
d. Skim The Moral Instinct artical from The New York Times
2)Discuss & list visual metaphors & ideas for your 'pillar of character' in groups.
Respond to discussion worksheet & turn-in for credit
3) Create a maquette (model) of your design.
4) Sculpt & assemble your Characater Counts message using found objects & mixed media.
5) Paint piece entirely blue or white covering ALL surfaces.
6) Title work, write an artist statement, & install in RBHS CC Art Show!
art history & inspiration