- Choose your favorite artist from galleries found on Ceramics Monthly or the Museum of Modern Art websites.
- Respond to questions about the artist, style, process, and more.
- Design your surface treatment for a dish based on selected artists' style and your own.
- Create a large slab, layer a mold with a wet paper towel, then lay plastic slab into or onto form.
- Add a foot, carve initials in bottom, paint with 2+ coats of underglaze, + carve back surface design showing your artist's style crossed with your own.
- Bisque fire and gloss glaze for finished product.
MOLD MAKING ... Today Holly Goring shows us how to make a reclaim slab that doubles as a wedging board, saving space, materials, time and effort.
MESSAGE ON A BOTTLE: ULTRA THIN SLAB CONSTRUCTION ... Today, Frank James Fisher takes us through the process of creating a stamp-
TAR PAPER FORMS ... Discovering new forming methods for hand building is a motivational experience. A few years ago, Bill Daley came to Montana's Archie Bray ...